These are the kind of things you can put on a card for her birthday, send her in a text, tell her when you see her, or leave her a note that she will find around the house. I’ve referred to some of the things to say in here as “message” but you can tell them to her directly, or phone her as well.
Get creative with how you show love in general – help her out witch chores you know she needs to get done, be it the dishes, or washing her car. Bring her an unexpected gift at times It could be as simple as picking up a single flower when on your way to her. Hug her spontaneously. Spoil her with a home cooked meal, a cup of tea or a massage after a long day.
You never know how long you have with someone, so make the time you spend together count. It’s only too easy to take people for granted, but if we want to live life to the full we can’t afford to do that. Make each day as magical as it can be.
1. I love falling asleep thinking of you.
Good night text messages are the best…apart from good morning text messages that is. They rock too!
2. My first thought when I woke up this morning was you. And it made me smile.
Yep, that’s what we like hearing.
3. I want to fall asleep fast, so that morning will come faster and I can be with you.
Remember in childhood when you wanted to fall asleep real fast so that whatever exciting thing happening the next day would come faster? Sometimes one feels like that as an adult too.
4. I’m at this incredible place. And all I can think is that I wish I could share this moment with you.
Nothing makes you feel more special than hearing someone would love to spend their special moments with you. Or as they put it in Before Sunrise:
“So often in my life I’ve been with people and shared beautiful moments like traveling or staying up all night and watching the sunrise, and I knew it was a special moment, but something was always wrong. I wished I’d been with someone else. I knew that what I was feeling – exactly what was so important to me – they didn’t understand.”
5. I love how you treat others. It’s one of the best things about you.
If you are dating someone who’s kindness herself, then show that you notice. That you care about her personality and her heart.
6. I love saying things that make you blush.
Preferably after a text that made her blush…
7. You know, before I met you I couldn’t imagine you. Now, I can’t imagine a life without you.
This is for quite the serious relationship and quite the cheese warning true, but it’s ever so true with some people, isn’t it?
8. I still get butterflies in my tummy every time you smile at me.
You could continue this with a joke like “I think I have to see the doctor. Serious butterfly bug going on.”
9. One of the greatest things I’ve ever seen you do was x, y, z. I just came to think of that now. You’re quite the incredible person you know!
Who doesn’t feel flattered that someone really truly pays attention to who they are?
10. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of your smile.
Any woman appreciates hearing you are still in love with her. That it wasn’t just a fast fading attraction.
11. My pillows still smell like you…makes me feel like at least I have a little piece of you still with me
This message shows you miss them and are thinking about them.
12. I woke up this morning with a big grin on my face, because I thought of you. Now that’s an amazing feeling to wake up to.
Wouldn’t you be happy receiving a message like that?
13. Your hugs are the best. Just so you know. (P.S. Your kisses too. And maybe the way you hold hands and the way you smile and…)
You could omit the P.S. bit, or keep it. Depends if you want to go a bit over the top, or not!
14. I am counting the minutes till I see you tonight. So far this hour it’s been thirty minutes. The minutes are so slow today, don’t you think?
Any woman will feel special if you’re thinking about her at work/in school.
15. I love the way you kiss. Just thought you should know.
In any relationship a confidence boost is greatly appreciated. And chances are she will kiss you even more now. Because of course she wants to make you happy!
16. Babe, it’s snowing.
OK, so this is a message someone once sent me. And maybe it’s not all that cute or wonderful, or whatever, but it’s my favorite. Why? He thought of me when it was snowing. And that first snow is kind of special, isn’t it? At least in London where you don’t get that much snow…
17. I just saw a sunbeam. Let’s go for a picnic.
A spontaneous invitation to a date due to a change of weather will be so appreciated because it shows you want to enjoy something that makes you happy (like the first taste of spring after a long winter) with her.
18. X friend of mine just said I’m so lucky to have found you. I agree
It’s very flattering knowing friends that know your boyfriend approve of you and think you’re a great couple.
19. You know, I think I’ve become a better person since I got to know you. You inspire me.
Again, this shows the girl has character and she’ll be flattered to hear it.
20. Help! I’ve got an acute case of wanting to cuddle right now.
Cute. Simply cute.
21. I just love the way you feel, do you know that? I love the energy around you, your touch, the way it feels to hug you…I love you.
Can I hear an “awwwww”?!
22. I’m just so happy to have found you. I’m truly blessed. And I want you to know that.
Who doesn’t appreciate knowing they feel like a blessing?
23. I still get giddy thinking of you.
Just a nice reassurance that you make someone feel like a million dollars!
24. Good morning sleeping beauty. I wish I could see you now, as you rub the dream dust out of your eyes and the sun dances in your hair. You’re beautiful.
Who doesn’t want to wake up to the idea that they’re gorgeous, even in the morning? (If you’re with them, of course change it to “I love seeing you now” as opposed to “I wish I could see you now.”)
25. You’re a gorgeous person through and through. I really love that about you. Makes me so lucky to have you in my life.
A compliment for the whole person.
26. Do you know what I love about you? I love how your eyes crinkle as you laugh. And how you do that half smile when you think something naughty. And you have this way of touching me that’s just right.
This can be edited into whatever it is that you love about them – the important thing is that it’s descriptive. It’s not just “I love your smile.” It’s that you show you’ve studied them and love specific little things that are unique to them.
27. Good morning hot stuff. You were my first thought again. I think you better come stay with me tonight so I can actually see you in the morning, not just think about you.
A sweet and sexy invitation.
28. Do you mind if I surprise you with a gift today? Because I feel like surprising you with a gift today!
Whoever on Earth ever said no to that?
29. Love may be blind, but you look darn gorgeous if you ask me!
Love and looks in the same sentence. Perfect.
30. How about you come round so I can stop thinking about you and start experiencing you instead?
A very sweet invitation. If you want to, you could turn this message quite naughty, quite easily. I’m sure you know what I mean.
31. Before I met you I always wondered if love was possible. You know, you meet all these people that are right in some ways, but not all ways. With you I don’t feel like that. I know neither of us are perfect, but it feels right.
Deep and very true if you have dated people who didn’t feel right till you found Miss Right.
32. I wanna make you feel good today. Tell me how I can do that.
Women love being asked what they would love. That way they know you truly want to do something that matters to them. They want you to use your imagination as well, but the first step is to find out what they enjoy in life. Then you can come up with things from there.
33. I love you. I just felt like telling you that. We never know how much time we get with someone and I really, really want to make the most of it with you.
Deep and thoughtful. Lovely and wonderful.
34. You’re a worse addiction than ice cream. I just can’t get enough of you. I’m at work and I can’t stop thinking about you.
It’s nice knowing you’re interrupting someone’s thoughts with your gorgeousness…
35. I wanna run away with you. At least for the weekend. How about we take the car and drive somewhere? Anywhere? Get an Airbnb in some cool city? Let me book something and then I can kidnap you to an unknown destination?
Women love men who take charge. So long as it’s within reason.
36. I really don’t think you need much rescuing, but sometimes I feel like carrying you away on horseback like a knight in shining armor. At least so I get to spend some time alone with you… How about I steal you away tonight? (Without the horse. Unfortunately.)
Humorous, yet it’s nice to hear someone wants alone time with you.
37. I’ve actually started thinking of you when I hear silly love songs. Someone shoot me. I’m turning into a wuss! 😉
Funny, but sweet.
38. I just heard our song on the radio. Wanna dance?
Who wouldn’t melt?
39. I want a kiss. Could I have one?
Just simply sweet.
40. So I was thinking you + me + secret date tonight. How does that sound?
Any woman loves a bit of secrecy. Especially if it’s a well thought out date where you do something you know she’d love, but wouldn’t think that you’d organize. It can be something really simple, something she’s mentioned in passing that you can create a date around.
41. So I’m thinking of all these things I could do with you. How about we do some tonight?
This could be naughty, or sweet. You could add either “naughty” or “sweet” in the sentence too.
42. When I hear this X song (or line from a lyric, should you choose) I always think of you.
If there is a cute song (as in it’s got cute lyrics) that always makes you think of her, then share the name of the song. Or share the specific lines that make you think of her. If you want you can then add: “Tell me a song/lyric that makes me think of you.” If you want to have a conversation that is.
43. Do you remember the day we met? Because I can still remember x, y, z about it.
If you’ve been together for a while this is a sweet reminder that you still think of the moment you met and cherish it.
44. There are some people you know are special as soon as you meet them. You’re one of those people. And whilst I’m madly in love with you, I’m sure other people feel that way too without being in love with you, simply because you’re a wonderful soul.
Who does not want to hear that?
45. In my life so many women have made me turn my head. There are thousands of beautiful women. But my head always turns back to you. You are 100% special. And I’m madly in love with you.
It can be wise to acknowledge that a man’s eye may wander, but his heart stays true.
46. You make me feel shaken, not stirred. Girl, I’m not sure what you do to me, but it sure as h**l makes me feel wonderful. And just a little bit…shaken.
Kinda funky and nice.
47. I wake up smiling every morning because of you.
48. The best thing about finding you was that I didn’t just find someone I’m in love with. I’m also in love with the way you live your life. You feel like a perfect fit. In every single way.
It’s like the old saying goes: true love doesn’t consist of staring someone in the eye, but rather finding someone who is looking in the same direction you are.
49. You are just my kind of weird and wonderful. That’s what makes you so stunning.
Most of us are weird. Like someone said – it’s about finding the same kind of weirdness. Was it Dr. Seuss?
50. You looked so stunning last night. I still can’t stop thinking about it.
Always nice to know you made an impression. And that someone is super attracted to you.
Bonus tip: when in doubt, find cute quotes by Dr. Seuss, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Shakespeare and co. If nothing else it will give you plenty of inspiration.