Intimacy tends to foster a sense of connection, love and respect for the other person. To make someone fall in love with you faster, you need to get intimate. If you already have a girlfriend, then intimacy is one of the things that will keep the relationship alive. It’s easy to forget to really get close to each other on all levels after a while of being together as you get used to each other and make the assumption you know everything about one another.
4. Is there one dream you have that you really, really want to make come true? Or maybe more than one? Dreams are different for all of us. For some it’s to have a nice house, for others it’s to become the next Oprah Winfrey. Some dreams are deep, like changing the world or our own lives, others are more superficial, like buying a new pair of Pradas.
6. What are some of your happiest memories from childhood?Our childhoods shape us into who we become as adults, so learning about someone’s memories can be important to understanding who they are today.
7. What is one memory from childhood that impacted you negatively?
When we talk about bad things we have been through it’s an opportunity to share what we learned from them. It’s also an opportunity to be vulnerable with whom we are speaking to as it’s often harder to reveal the things we aren’t extremely proud of.
8. Do you believe in something paranormal? Have they seen a ghost? An angel? Had dreams that came true? Met someone who remembered past lives, or remembered them themselves? It’s an interesting topic filled with question marks to explore about life and what’s beyond.
9. Have you ever been really, really frightened?
For some the most frightening thing in life has been scary movies, for others coming face to face with an angry snake, or having their parents divorce. It’s different for all of us, but it often shapes us.
10. Who were your heroes growing up?
Who we admire we often strive to become. We also seek to hang out with similar people.
11. What are some things you are truly passionate about in life? Finding out what sets someone’s soul on fire is always a good idea. If you want to do things together to bond it’s also great to find various activities where you get to live your passions.
13. What makes you feel loved in a relationship?
From taking out the rubbish to giving her a back rub by the end of a long day, people feel loved from different things. Some need gifts, some need compliments.
14. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
What is she really proud about? What kind of compliments make her heart sing?
15. What cultures are you drawn to and why?
Culture is a deep topic. Traveling the world a fun one. Talking about culture often leads to discussions about what you wish to see and do in the world!
16. What was a big secret of yours as a kid that you now laugh about?
Sometimes as children we have these big, sometimes dark, secrets that we are either very proud of, or fret about. Later we find them hilarious, as actually, we are no longer ashamed of the fact that we used to be scared of monsters under our bed!
Some secrets remain dark though – abuse in childhood is actually something many are ashamed of, even if they couldn’t help it.
17. Who is your best friend and what do you think contributes to you being such great friends?
Friendships and relationships are similar in many ways and if you figure out what she likes in a friendship, chances are you will figure out quite a few things about what she likes in a relationship too.
18. What does intimacy mean to you?We often take it for granted that others see something the same way we do, when often it’s very different. From what gifts we would like on our birthday, to what makes us feel loved, we want different things. Likewise, intimacy is something we all perceive differently.
19. What’s one thing you’d never tell your mother?
Ah, and the cat is out of the bag!
20. Is there any line of thought, a book, a spiritual message, or something of the sorts that profoundly changed your life?
If she lives by a certain philosophy it will be great to know about it! And often there’s more than one, which can open up a pretty big conversation.
21. What’s one thing an elder relative/peer of yours taught you when growing up that you really treasure?
Fond childhood memories of grandparents often surface with this question.
22. What’s one super power you’d love to have?
Would they like to be able to fly, see through walls, or make everyone feel loved?
23. Is there anything about your life you’d love to change right now?
Most people have something they are unhappy with, or which is “work in progress” and it can be interesting to find out what it is and where they are at in the process.
24. What are three things you think every child should grow up learning about?
Whether it be self-love, sustainability, or how to cook, it’ll show what your woman values.
25. What’s one thing/person that’s had a big influence on your life?
Could be Mick Jagger, could be Mother Teresa, or their nan…