16 responses

1. Nikki
    May 22, 2017

My left side of my throat been hurting for a couple of days now and it’s starting to make my ear hurt as well. It hurts when I stick out my tongue and swallow. Also the left side of my tongue is red and hurts as well. I could also fill my mouth filling up with saliva (more than usual)when it’s close. Could this be an infection?

Web Admin
      May 22, 2017

It probably is an infection of some type. You should go to your doctor to be checked out and get treated. If it is a bacterial infection, your doctor can prescribe medication to make the problem go away. Good luck, Nikki!

2. Justyn
    May 16, 2017

Mine is close enough to my mouth that I can feel it. It hurts when I swallow. It is on the left side right next to my uvula. It just started today. Should I be concerned?

Web Admin
      May 17, 2017

You might want to go to the doctor if you experience any other symptoms or it does not clear up. It is probably some type of infection. Some infections will go away on their own, but others require treatment, so keep an eye on it.

3. Denise
    May 4, 2017

When I swallow it feels as tho I’m swallowing a needle or something sharp. It only hurts on the left side of my throat. Should I be worried?

Web Admin
      May 4, 2017

Continue to monitor your symptoms. This will likely go away within a few days. If it does not disappear within a week, then speak with a medical professional. Drink plenty of fluids and eat foods that are easily chewed. Best of luck, Denise!

4. elizabeth
    April 22, 2017

i cant find what im looking for this morning my throat hurt on both sides like someone in pinching and poking me and its hurting my ears with sharp pains, but now it hurts like something is stack between both sides of my throght and my ears feel like they have an infection

Web Admin
      April 22, 2017

You will want to speak with a medical professional at this time. Either visit a clinic or make an appointment. Continue to monitor the experiences that you are having at this time. This will help you better answer the questions that your doctor will ask. Best of luck, Elizabeth!

5. Charlie
    April 17, 2017

On my right side of my throat it hurts when I swallow and open my mouth it is also red and it’s starting to hurt when I talk, what do I Do?

Web Admin
      April 18, 2017

Reduce stress on your throat at this time. You may want to drink some tea and honey. Monitor the experiences that you are having. If your symptoms continue for a couple of days or become painful, then you may want to speak with a medical professional at that time. Best of luck, Charlie!

6. akash agarwal
    April 16, 2017

I m 21 yr old i have LPR on and off past 10 months..i took PPI i felt better but still issue there.
    I have sudden hurt pain in left side of throat and dry pricking feeling inside of thorat. I have severe fear of cancer …i m freaked out i dont wanna die

Web Admin
      April 16, 2017

Continue to monitor your experiences. It may be beneficial for you to speak with a medical professional. There are many possible reasons for the experiences that you are having, so it would be best to seek medical attention as soon as you are able to do so. Best of luck, Akash!

7. Agnes
    March 16, 2017

The conditions here don’t describe the pain that I’m experiencing. There is a pain on the left side of my throat when I swallow that sometimes radiates to my ears. This has been going on for a week. So far there are no other symptoms I’m experiencing with it.

Web Admin
      March 16, 2017

If you have been experiencing sensations that are not listed in the article, then you may want to speak with a medical professional at this time. Make an appointment and continue to monitor your experiences. This will help you better answer your doctor’s questions at your appointment. Best of luck, Agnes!

8. Caeley Rees
    March 14, 2017

i don’t know what wrong with the left side of my throat, it hurts to swallow yawn and stick out my tongue.

Web Admin
      March 16, 2017

This occasionally occurs and will go away over time. Drink some tea with honey in it. If you do not eat honey, then just use tea. Continue to monitor the experiences that you are having. Speak with a doctor if the feelings become intense or last for two weeks. Have a great day, Caeley!