Eating a big meal can cause sudden pain right after. This can be caused by heartburn or heart attack. How to differentiate those two? Is there a way gas can influence the chest causing pain? It can. There are a few conditions where a gas accumulates inside the abdomen resulting in high pressure which compresses the thorax region.
Possible Causes Of Chest Pain
It is hard sometimes to distinct heartburn, angina and heart attack. This is hard even for doctors, but there are a few ways it can be spotted.
Gas Build Up
It is not such a rare thing to experience chest pain due to gas build up in the stomach. This happens with bacteria or stomach flora reacting with carbohydrates creating gas. High fiber foods and carbonated drinks can cause this too. You can feel sharp stabbing in the chest area which can be interpreted as a heart attack. It can be accompanied by belching and bloated feel. One can have reduced appetite and tight stomach. It usually subsides and this is considered not a serious condition.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
GERD is a digestive disorder caused by the return of a stomach fluid to the throat. This can be common in pregnant women and also in patients with a hernia or recent surgery background. Many people sensed belching leaving a bitter taste in their mouth which represents acidic fluid in the stomach. This kind of a pain caused by acid reflux is called heartburn because of the characteristics of the same in heart disease. It can last up to 2 hours and it can get worse after the meal. More than 15 millions of Americans suffer from heartburn daily.
Home Remedies For Chest Pain Caused By Gas Build Up
While gas build up is easy to treat in home conditions, some symptoms can be due to serious diseases like heart attack, pneumothorax or rupture of some organ lining. It is best to consult a doctor if you are having excruciating pain and serious discomfort.
- Change Your Drinking And Eating Habit. Eliminate fast food and other food that can result in bloating. This kind of meal can consist of beans, legumes, cauliflower, cucumbers, artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, bananas, prunes and apples, whole grain bread, eggs, lactose products, etc. All of these substances can cause gas which can appear like heartburn and a possible suspect for chest disease. You can try some remedies for gas build up such as simethicone or antacids to neutralize the acid.
- Drink Lots Of Fluid. Sometimes, gas builds up due to poor diet leading to the hard Drinking lots of fluid can help with diluting these chemicals and with bloating reduction. It will help with constipation and result in easier food passing outside the system.
- Charcoal Capsules And Baking Soda. They are natural remedies for the digestive Charcoal has great absorbent attributes which help with any toxins and bloating. Baking soda can act as a natural source of bicarbonates which will neutralize the acid in the stomach leading to flatulence reduction.
- Include Daily Activity. Sometimes, inactivity can cause gas build up. This is why you should move daily to stimulate the digestive system and poor digestion. Even a short walk can help.
- Exercise In Bed. Try to do some movements in bed to help with stomach digestion acceleration. You can try scissors move with your legs or try cycling in the air, pulling your legs closer to the chest.
- Alleviate Chest Pain By A Certain Position. Try to kneel on the bed with your head facing down. This position will ease the air passing out. You could also try and push your legs up against your chest. It can also be helpful.