There are good pick up lines and bad pick up lines. Usually it boils down to simply saying something that gets the conversation started. Picking someone up isn’t so much about the first line as it is about keeping the conversation flowing, showing you tick the boxes for being an interesting person and being aware of how the other person is feeling. Throwing yourself at someone’s feet usually never lead to you walking away with a date. Know you’re a catch and tease them to try to gain your attention, as opposed to begging their amazing highness to go on a date with a mere mortal like you… You need to believe you’re in the same league.
I could go on about pick up skills, but just pick up The Game by Neil Strauss and you’ll get the gist of it. Just don’t get lost in it. Because it’s not a game. Flirting is like saying please and thank you though – you gotta do it, or people won’t react as you’d like them to.
Below you find some cute and funny pick-up lines, but remember – these kind of lines are a bit corny and should be delivered as such. You can even say: “Wasn’t that the corniest thing you ever heard? But seriously you caught my eye and I’d like to steal five minutes of your time to figure out why.” Make her laugh. Then get the conversation flowing.
1. Do you have a Band-Aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you.
As cheesy and as good as it gets! Plus, it’s funny.
2. I have a funny feeling in my stomach that makes me feel like I should take you out. Give me two minutes to figure out if my hunch is right?
If you can deliver this line with a theatrical flair, it might just do the trick!
3. My buddies bet me that I wouldn’t be able to start a conversation with the most beautiful girl in the bar. Wanna buy some drinks with their money?
This is hilarious!
4. Sorry, but you owe me a drink – I dropped mine when I looked at you.
Cheeky, very cheeky!
5. Forget about Spiderman, Superman, and Batman. I’ll be your man. (But first I really think we must have a drink so I can establish you aren’t as crazy as you’re beautiful and you can discover what super powers I have.)
Done right this can work a charm. Just remember to be charming and funny and silly and all that…
6. I’ve been looking at your eyes all night long, because I’ve never seen such dark eyes with so much light in them. I’m intrigued.
This one you gotta mean. It’s beautiful. Find a girl who truly resonate with it before you use it.
7. You’re so beautiful that you made me forget my pick up line. I’m just gonna go right ahead and start talking to you instead. That’s my friend John over there and we’re about to leave, but I wanted to get a chance to talk to you before we do.
By establishing that a) you have a friend b) you are about to leave, the woman you’re talking to will relax. You seem to have a social life = you’re probably not crazy. And you’re about to leave so she won’t be stuck with you all night if she doesn’t like you. Most men make women back away because they’re scared they’ll attach themselves like bandaids for the night if they give them a minute.
8. You shouldn’t wear makeup. It’s messing with perfection! That’s my friend John over there and I have to get back to him before the girls throw themselves over him and devour him, poor guy, so I can’t stay, I just wanted to tell you, you seem awesome. Perfect. Wonderful.
This is a great way to start something. Either you can then talk for a minute to check if there’s chemistry and invite her back to have a drink with you and “John,” or once you and “John” have ordered some drinks and chatted for a while you can walk back to the girl and have another word with her, if you notice she keeps looking at you and smiling. Flirting is a lot about making the other person want to get your attention.
9. Excuse me, I just noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to give you notice that I noticed you too.
This is hilarious and will work well if you’ve both been “noticing” each other!
10. I was so enchanted by your beauty that I ran into that wall over there. So I’m going to need your name and number for insurance purposes. And you might need mine to sue me for being crazy… I’m John. (Reach out hand to say hello.)
Can be funny if delivered well!
11. Did you read Dr. Seuss as a kid? Because green eggs and… damn!
If you read Dr. Seuss as a kid I’m sure you get it. I didn’t so I don’t. But people keep talking about this line so there might be something to it…
12. Me without you is like a nerd without braces, a shoe without laces, aSentenceWithoutSpaces…
Well, if you can pull off some sort of funny word rhyme, you can pull off anything.
13. I must be a snowflake, because I’ve fallen for you.
This is as corny as it gets. Go on. Make her laugh.
14. There is something wrong with my cell phone. It doesn’t have your number in it. (And before I get it I need to impress you. So, let’s see, I have about two minutes till I need to head over to my friend over there, or he’ll kill me for being left alone, so what can I say in two minutes that will make you totally impressed?)
You see what I mean? If you follow up with the right line, any line flies…
15. You must be a hell of a thief because you stole my attention from across the room.
Works great if the two of you have been ogling each other!
16. No wonder the sky is grey today, all the blue is in your eyes.
For lady blue eyes!
17. I need to call animal control, because I just saw a fox.
For some reason I see this line being delivered in a low murmur by James Bond as he casually walks past a woman who’s been eyeing him all night at a ball. Of course she’s playing for the enemy and is a fox in more ways than one. You can imagine it too, can’t you? Very dramatic. The thing with movies is they suspend reality so if you’re not James Bond I’m not sure this line would work. But I’ve kept it for your amusement!
18. I may not be a genie, but I can make your dreams come true by buying you exactly the kind of drink you want tonight.
Kinda cute, don’t you think?
19. You look like a candy bar: half sweet and half nuts. I kinda like nuts. So tell me, what’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Impress me.
This line either works, or it goes terribly wrong. It’s all in the delivery.
20. There must be something wrong with my eyes, I can’t take them off you.
This is a good line if you add the “I need to leave in two minutes…” because it’s really sweet someone saying they can’t their eyes off you BUT no one wants some creep to stare at them all night, which they might think you are if you say it and just stand there. But if they know you’re leaving and you immediately continue the conversation, it’s really flattering instead.
21. You look so familiar… didn’t we take a class together? I could’ve sworn we had chemistry. Maybe I’m wrong? Give me two minutes to find out…
Perfect if you know she’s been smiling at you and there is chemistry (well, at least chemistry from across the room).
22. Excuse me, but you dropped something! (What?) This conversation, lets pick it up later tonight.
Great line if you’re holding two drinks walking towards a friend and say it in passing to a girl you see on the way (or whom you pass on purpose).
23. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
This is a classic line – everyone knows it, but it’s charming nonetheless when delivered right.
24. Damn, if being cute was a crime, you’d be guilty as charged!
25. Somebody better call God, because heaven’s missing an angel!
You have to pick the right time to deliver a line like that, but if you do…who doesn’t like being compared to an angel?!
26. I’m Mr. Right tonight, someone said you were looking for me?
Can be hilarious if delivered right!
27. I’m sorry, were you talking to me? [No] Well then, please start.
This one’s real funny, but obviously only works if the girl fancies talking to you, so it better be delivered to one of those girls you’ve made eye contact with a few times first!
28. I’m new in town. Tell me one thing I need to see here that’s as amazing as you look.
Flattering, very flattering. And it starts a conversation.
29. My friend thinks you’re kinda cute, but I don’t… I think you’re absolutely gorgeous!
That’s just plain cute.
30. Let’s commit the perfect crime: I’ll steal your phone number, and you’ll steal mine.
Probably a line better used once you’ve spoken for a while, but it’s a nice one!
31. I wish I was cross eyed, so I could see you twice.
Now there’s one intriguing way of telling someone they look good…
32. (Ask a person for the time) 9:15? So today is May 1, 2016, at 9:15 PM, thanks I just wanted to be able to remember the exact moment that I either met the woman of my dreams…or at the very least a woman who’ll make me buy her a drink?
Said with enough cheek this is a good line!
33. I’m learning about important dates in history class. Wanna be one of them? Because it’s historically important every time I meet a beautiful girl.
34. How much does a polar bear weigh? [How much?] Enough to break the ice… Hi, I’m (insert name here).
So long as you continue swiftly on with more conversation this is a good one!
35. I am telepathic, and I can tell that you love drinking Manhattans? Right? [NO!] Darn, don’t tell me you’re a teetotaler, because then my psychic abilities have really gone downhill since I drank those two martinis.
This is a really fun way of approaching someone and you can always lead the conversation on to all the weird hunches you’ve had, psychics you’ve met, etc. Or just do a magic trick!
36. Excuse me, I don’t want you to think I’m ridiculous or anything, but you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I just felt like I had to tell you.
This is such a cute pick up line, given you really mean it! You can easily exchange “the most beautiful woman I have ever seen” to “The most beautiful woman here tonight” or “the most incredible looking woman here tonight” or whatever it is you think she is! For a compliment like this to really work though, you should not try and get something out of the compliment. Rather just give it and walk away and then later make contact again. Compliments are best received when the receiver doesn’t feel like they’re given them because the person giving them want something back.
37. Hey, don’t I know you? Yeah, you’re the girl with the beautiful smile.
If you happen to bump into someone you’ve seen at Starbucks, or at work, or some place else, this is an excellent line!
38. I have had a really bad day, then I saw your smile across the room and it just made me feel better. Thank you.
Very similar to #36 in a way – can work similarly too. Very sweet.
39. If I told you that you have a great body, would you hold it against me?
If you feel you have chemistry with someone, even from across the room and there’s a real sexy vibe going on between the two of you, this could be the line for you! Can also be delivered after you’ve chatted a while to really establish there’s chemistry for sure.
40. Nice to meet you, I’m (your name) and you are…gorgeous!
Just simply a nice way to give a compliment.
41. Were you arrested earlier? It’s gotta be illegal to look that good.
Cheesy, but if said in the right way it could really work. I mean who doesn’t like hearing they’re hot enough to get arrested?
42. There you are – the reason men fall in love. If your personality is as good as your looks that is…is it?
By asking if she’s actually as hot as she looks, you pose a bit of a challenge. And that’s what flirting is all about – challenging each other by teasing each other.
43. You’ve heard of the meaning of co-incidences, right? Serendipity? So let me ask you: are you single? (Yes.) Me too. I think that means we should talk for say, three minutes to see if there’s a reason for this co-incidence. Maybe there’s a reason our paths have crossed?
A bit of heavenly intervention from the Gods/Universe always makes a meeting more meaningful…
44. You know, you might be asked to leave soon. You’re making the other women look really bad as you far outclass them. Seriously though, you strike me as interesting. Why is that?
This is one way to get the conversation going and it’ll probably work a charm!
45. I hope there’s a fire truck nearby, cause you’re smokin’! And I’m drunk. And we should start this conversation all over again. Hi, I’m xyz, normally a respectable citizen of xyz…
A funny way to get the conversation going.
46. I must be dancing with the devil, because you’re hot as hell.
Only works if you’re already dancing, but that’s easily fixed if you find her on the dance floor, right…
47. I had planned to say something really sweet about you, but I think I have just gone speechless.
Cute as a cupcake this line is!
48. Your eyes are clearer than the ocean. Has anyone ever told you that? Because they sure are something!
A lovely compliment.
49. My friend over there thinks you’re kind of cute and told me to come over and tell you, but I think you’re gorgeous, so I’m gonna tell you that too.
Now where you wanna take it from there is another story entirely, but it works as far as getting to have a word with her…
50. I really envy the coffee cup that’s lucky enough to kiss your lips every morning. And as far as dumb pick up lines go, I just won an award right? Or have you heard any worse? Though admittedly I do envy your coffee cup.
That’s one cute way to start a conversation!
51. How about we flip a coin? If it lands on heads, you’re mine. If it lands on tails, I’m all yours.
Either way, she’s yours! Works best with someone you’ve flirted with from across the floor.
52. Listen, don’t freak out if a fat man kidnaps you in the middle of the night and puts you into a big bag. I just told Santa that I wanted you for Christmas this year.
Said in the right way (and around Christmas time) this can be a funny way to start a conversation!
53. Hey, I saw you across the floor and thought you breathe oxygen too. Finally someone I seem to have something in common with in here.
You can swiftly move this on to other potential things you have in common to get talking to her properly. Start with funny things and then move onto the “real” ones. It is, after all, true that it’s important to elicit things you have in common.
54. I’m going to give you a kiss, and if you don’t like it, you can always return it.
This isn’t really a pick up line, but it will work really well if you’ve been talking all night, or been on the dance floor together for quite some time. In the right moment, this would be just the right thing to say!
55. Do you happen to love water? Good. That means that you love 80% of me. Now that we have that established, let’s see if there’s anything else you might like in the other 20%…
56. If you talk to me for five minutes and come to the conclusion I’m not a totally crazy man, can you kiss me on the cheek so I can at least say a cute girl kissed me tonight? I’ve had a lousy night and I could really do with five minutes with someone who seem lovely.
You should really get her to work for your attention, not the other way around, but it’s a good way to negotiate five minutes of her time. And it’s sweet. And cute.
57. You have the same effect on me as a camera – every time I look at you from across the room I start smiling. You think we have something in common, or is it just a random thing that you make me smile?
Great conversation starter if the two of you have been ogling each other! Again the whole “chance and destiny” theme usually works. Women love mystery!
58. I just had to come talk with you. Sweetness is my weakness. And you seem like a sweet girl to me. Am I wrong?
Questions lead to answers, lead to conversations.
59. You look like trouble to me…in the best sense of the word. Are you?
60. I promise you I’m probably the worst cook you’ve ever met. I’m pretty bad at dancing too. So now that you know my worst flaws, will you still let me buy you a drink?
A funny way to get to buy a girl a drink!
61. I fell for you the moment you walked into the room. Do you think that’s too soon?
62. I swear your eyes are the greenest I’ve ever seen. If eyes are the mirrors of the soul, you have got to have a pretty spectacular soul! Or maybe it’s just me that’s color blind and you’re a terrible person?
63. I’m not a con artist, but right now I’d like to trick you into letting me buy you a drink. How do I go about that?
If she’s interested, she’ll probably just tell you to buy her a drink…
64. I love your outfit – it looks special. Let me guess, you’re really into design?
Half of the time, just getting her to engage in conversation is the best way to…start a conversation. Like this.
65. For some reason I end up looking in your direction a lot tonight. Why do you think that is?
A backhanded sort of compliment is sometimes the best compliment.
66. Can I steal you away for a dance?
Good old fashioned dancing still works! At least if you’re a good dancer.
67. I have a peculiar feeling I’ve seen you before. Have I?
Maybe it’s an old one, but it’s a good one. And you can always link it to her reminding you of someone whom has a good trait. Like say, she says she’s from out of town and you’ve probably never met, you can just say her smile reminds you of that sweet girl at Starbucks, or her eyes are similar to those of a friend of yours who’s an incredible person. Try to find some honest resemblance to someone whom you can talk about in a nice light.
68. Life never go as planned and I didn’t plan on talking to anyone tonight because I’m in a vile mood but you stand out somehow and I’m curious. Is there anything special with you?
69. They say you never meet people at clubs, so I’ve decided to meet at least three people tonight. My name is xyz, what’s yours?
This is a nice way to start a conversation as it doesn’t leave her feeling like you’re star struck by her, but rather that you like socializing. In other words, she won’t fear you sticking to her like glue all night.
70. I saw you across the room and had an impulse to speak to you. So what do you say, give me five minutes to get to know you?
An easygoing way to approach someone!