If you have chubby cheeks, it’s not actually a medical condition. Many people have them, most of them being small children and babies. If you’re an adult with fat cheeks, you may be self-conscious, since it usually comes with obesity. However, other medical conditions like liver issues can cause you to have large cheeks, even with a thin shape. There are various ways to battle big cheeks, depending on their cause.
Get Rid of Chubby Cheeks with Facial Exercises
- This exercise engages your entire face to tone the muscles.
- Breathe in deeply, through your mouth, until it’s filled with air.
- Push all the air to your right cheek and hold it there for a moment.
- Do the same thing with your left cheek.
- Push all the air to your upper lip and hold it there.
- Push all the air to your chin, below your lower lip.
- This exercise can be repeated eight times each day for the best results.
- This exercise is similar to a child making a “fish face”, except that you’ll suck in one cheek and the other, not both at the same time.
- Purse your lips as you do when kissing.
- Suck in one cheek and hold it in for one minute.
- Then suck in your other cheek and hold for one minute.
- This can also be repeated up to eight times for best results.
- This one looks odd, but it does work.
- Begin with your mouth closed and start to smile widely.
- Start pulling your mouth muscles up towards the eyes.
- Bring the mouth back down, into the shape of an “O”
- This can be repeated five to eight times each day.
- Stand in front of a mirror.
- Smile the way you did in the exercise above (wide smile).
- Wrinkle your nose tightly.
- Hold that position for about eight seconds.
- This can be repeated eight times a day.
- This one tones your cheeks and the muscles that surround your cheek bones.
- Make a face like you’re pouting, until you can feel your cheek muscles straining and your skin stretching.
- Release for one minute.
- Repeat as often as you like.
Overall Toning of your Facial Muscles
These toning exercises will complement the previous exercises by targeting separate sections of your face in each one, leading to less chubby cheeks.
- Neck exercise
- Sit down in a chair
- Tilt your head gently back so you’re looking up at the ceiling.
- Stick your tongue out and try to touch your nose tip.
- Hold this position for several seconds.
- Repeat as often as you like, without straining your facial muscles.
- Jaw exercise
- Sit down and get comfortable.
- Push out your jaw as far as it can comfortably go.
- Pull your jaw back in.
- Repeat as many times as you like.
- Eye area muscle exercise
Many people have crow’s feet around their eyes.
- Place two fingers from each hand on your eye corners.
- Pull the skin upwards, stretching it toward your hairline.
- Hold your muscles this way and shut your eyes tightly.
- Repeat as many times as you like, as long as it’s not uncomfortable. You’re helping to get rid of those baby-fat cheeks.
- Chin or Double-Chin Exercise
- Sit down in a comfortable chair.
- Tilt your head back toward the ceiling.
- Mouth the sound “maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…”
- Repeat as often as you like, as long as it’s not uncomfortable.
- Nose Exercise
- Sit up in a chair and tilt your head back.
- Position your lower lip over your upper lip as far as it can go.
- Repeat as often as you like.
- Forehead Exercise
- Pull your lips down into a frown.
- Pull your eyebrows close together.
- Reverse this position by lifting your eyebrows as far as you can.
- Repeat as many times a day as you like, as long as it’s still comfortable.
There are many options, as you can see. These exercises will strengthen and tone your facial muscles and reduce wrinkles and lines, too.
Getting Rid of Chubby Cheeks with other Options
- Massaging the Face
Any type of massage is healthy, if done properly. It helps to tone your muscles and disperses toxins in your skin that could otherwise cause swelling and puffiness.
- Weight Loss Strategies
If you’ve gained weight, that can create chubby cheeks. Exercise, along with a proper diet, will help, if your cheek issue is caused by your weight.
- Facial Surgery
This option is quite popular. Some procedures available now are not as invasive as they used to be. There is also faster healing time, and you can go home the same day you have surgery.