Impressing a girl face to face is hard enough, but trying to do so over text is even more difficult. Trying to communicate with shortened words and emojis may not be the most effective form of wooing a crush, but it can be done. There’s no need to panic, you still have a shot at becoming a real ladies man through text messaging… As long as you heed our advice, that is! There are a lot of important factors when it comes to pursuing someone, especially electronically. It takes patience, kindness and just being mindful of timing. Soon your crush will be smiling every time she sees a text from you. All you have to do is follow the simple steps listed below to help you make a girl like you over text:
Learn to Play It Cool:
It’s overwhelming and exciting to finally be conversing with the girl of your dreams, but you have to remember to keep it simple and smooth. Acting overexcited or texting too much, too fast might just make you come off as a little bit too desperate. Desperate= Creepy. Essentially rule number one is: Don’t be a creep! This means not letting your nerves get the best of you when she doesn’t text back fast enough. Don’t catch yourself sending double texts because of the wait time of her response. Try to keep the texts light and refrain from sending a novel’s worth of words. However, just because you shouldn’t be texting her paragraphs upon paragraphs or sending doubles of your texts, doesn’t mean you can be lazy and text the bare minimum. Keep your text size dependant upon her text sizes. You will want to send each text in response to whatever her original text was, as well. This means always keeping your texts relevant to hers. If they’re not coordinating with each other she might lose interest quickly. All in all: Make sure you’re putting a good amount of effort in, but don’t overdo it!
Get Your Timing Right:
You don’t always want to catch her at all the wrong times. She might start to think of you in a more negative light if you’re constantly texting her when she’s busy. Popping up during a high stress time in her day is not something you want to be associated with. Don’t let yourself be an annoyance to her. Right off the bat you should ask her when the best times to reach her are or what her personal time preferences for conversation are. It’s recommended to do this daily after your first initial greeting. That way you know the best times each day and will never bother her at the wrong times. All it takes is a simple, “Hey, when are you going to be free to chat today?” It’s really that easy and it’ll become convenient for both of you if you continue to talk regularly.
Keep The Greetings Simple:
Now that you have established the best and the worst times for you greetings and farewells, we can proceed to discuss the dos and the don’ts of each hello and goodbye. You wouldn’t think there would be a way to greet someone, but there definitely is.
Always make it count. This means keeping it short, but putting enough effort into it to make an impression.
Use a proper greeting. This means saying hey or hello before diving into intense conversation. Don’t just continue on last night’s convo without starting over with a hey there, hey how’s it going or even howdy.
Always see how she is. After you say your hellos, you should always ask how she’s feeling today. That will make you seem considerate of her. It’s a great way to earn brownie points with her daily.
Don’t be stiff. Of course you don’t want make saying hello or bye too complex, but you don’t have to sound heartless either. Try to keep your tone sweet and kind.
- Try to keep it under a paragraph. Saying too much right away can overwhelm her, especially if she’s short on time.
- Don’t be creepy. This means avoiding the use of pet names in your hellos until you become much closer with each other or eventually date.
- Don’t repeat yourself. If she isn’t replying right away, WAIT! She more than likely saw it and will get around to it when she can. If you repeat your heys too many times, you might never get a greeting in return.
Good Hello Examples:
- Hey there! How are you on this lovely day? I had a blast talking last night.
- Hello, I hope you’re doing well today. What are your plans for today?
- Always wish her well. If you’re bidding her goodnight then wish her sweet dreams. If she’s not going to sleep, simply wish her a beautiful day.
- Conclude your conversation. Don’t leave them open ended!
- Schedule a time to talk again. That way you won’t catch her at a bad time or make it seem like you aren’t interested in talking again soon.
- Keep it short. Goodbyes shouldn’t be too long, they can definitely be longer than hellos, but should never exceed more than a paragraph.
- But not too short. No one worded goodbyes, please and thank you.
- Give a reason why you’re leaving the conversation. Don’t just say an abrupt: “See ya!” and leave it at that. The only thing those text do is cause confusion. Make sure she knows that you have something else to do and you want to talk again a different time.
- Don’t be too mushy. Keep it a decent size, but also have meaning behind it. Whatever you do, keep yourself from becoming a total sobfest.
Good Goodbye Examples:
- Will you be available to talk in the morning? I’m going to bed so I wanted to wish you a goodnight. Sweet dreams.
- Hey I hope you don’t mind, but I’ll have to talk to you later, I’ve got a huge project to work on. When will you be free to talk again?
Talk About Her… A LOT!:
When you’re trying to get someone to like you, you may feel the urge to talk about yourself to try and impress them. However, this is not the way you want to handle a crush situation. Always bring the topics back to the girl you like. Make everything relevant to her and get answers to each of your inquiries/questions about her. Give her room to brag about herself, ask about her accomplishments, discuss what her favorite things are and keep her talking about her goals. Of course, you can rebuttal every once in awhile with a fact about yourself, but while you’re still in the wooing stage, you’ll want to keep the focus mainly on her. You need to naturally show interest in her family, friends and life in general. At all times.
You never want to start off the getting to know each other process with the awkward pet names you’re not authorized to use yet. That means steer clear of addressing her as things like sugar lips or baby girl. Using names like that too early is off putting to a lot of girls. Once you’ve been talking for a long time and get comfortable with each other, then work on the nicknames. Until then, just avoid them.
Watch Your Flirt Factors:
Not every text has to be packed to the brim with full of flirting. Relax a little- Girls don’t like it when you try too hard. If you flirt too much, it can make you come off as creepy. This includes overuse of suggestive emojis and cheesy pickup lines. Minimal emoji use is recommended in the beginning. So veer away from sending an emoji with every text. Use your words to be expressive instead. Although you should keep your texts appropriate to start, you can surprise her once in awhile with a light, flirty text after the two of you become a little more intimate with each other.
Flattery Is Everything:
Don’t confuse compliments with flirting. Although flattery itself is a slight form of flirting, they are usually not presented with the same amount of effort. Flattery and compliments will help build up your crush’s self esteem and boost her fondness of you each time. However, if you full on flirt with pick up lines, she will only feel disgusted, not uplifted.
Cute Compliment (Do): Your eyes sparkle more than all the stars in the sky. I love looking into them.
Corny Pick Up Line (Don’t): You must be jelly, cause jam don’t shake like that.
There seems to be a misconception about girls being attracted to someone who takes hour to reply through text. That couldn’t be more wrong. Don’t risk her shot with her by believing this silly rumor. Although you don’t need to respond immediately, still do so in a timely matter. Going hours without responding could lower her confidence and also give her the idea to take a long time to respond as well. This can cause both parties involved to lose interest fairly quickly.
Impressing someone takes a lot of effort, but don’t ever cheat by pretending to be someone else. That takes WAY more effort. Doing that will always come back to bite you in the but. Just be you!
Above All, Be Humble:
Sure confidence is sexy, but an over inflated ego is NOT.