These I love you messages for your wife can be used for any occasion. If you want a happy, positive relationship, use these messages on a regular basis. Nothing is better for a relationship than showing that you care and going out of your way to show your appreciation. You can send her one of these messages in a text, on her social media account or you can write an old-fashioned love letter.
1. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
When you find the right person, this message takes on a special meaning. With the right partner, you cannot understand how they could love you despite their faults. They seem so perfect, so it seems completely strange that they would accept your good aspects and bad traits.
2. “If fate had not brought you to my life, there would be no point in living. I love you.”
Loving someone can make life seem worth it again.
3. “Don’t forget I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” – Julia Roberts in the film, Notting Hill
For bonus points, give your wife this message before watching Notting Hill. If she likes romances, this movie is one of the best.
4. “And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God.” – Les Miserables
Loving someone else can redeem yourself. You learn more about yourself and the nature of the world when you truly love someone.
5. “I don’t need sugar in my coffee because you are all of the sweetness I need in my life.”
If your wife drinks coffee in the morning, put this on the coffee pot or her mug. This I love you message for your wife will make her day.
6. “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” -Sophocles
This quote may be over 2,000 years old, but it still rings true today.
7. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
When you truly love someone, you love them for both their faults and their virtues.
8. “Other get high on drugs, but you are the only thing I need to get high. I love you.”
This is a cute “I love you” note to leave on her pillow before you head to work in the morning.
9. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
Every morning, it seems like you love your wife more and more. Make sure to tell her that!
10. “I feel like I am drowning every single day, and your kisses are my life-saving gasps of air. I love you.”
Before a romantic weekend or in a present for your wife, this message is a great one to use.
11. “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” – Jodi Picoult in My Sister’s Keeper
This is a fairly famous quote about love. Basically, it means that you love someone despite their faults. In some cases, it is their faults that make them so appealing. Over years of marriage, you will likely fall in love with the quirks and oddities that make your wife so unique.
12. “If I were a cell phone, you would be the charger because I would be dead without you. I love you.”
If you wanted something cuter and slightly humorous, this is the best I love you message to use for your wife
13. “I don’t know the official definition of wife but for me it means – the Woman who is Independent, Fun-loving and Eternally in love with me. If you looked this definition up in the dictionary, you would find your name next to it. I love you.”
You could also modify the dictionary aspect of the quote to something like, “If you look up adorable in the dictionary, you would find your picture next to it.”
14. “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.” – Leo Tolstoy
Once you fall in love, the entire world makes sense. A partner bears witness to your life and is often the only person in your retirement that remembers all of the good and bad times that you have shared together.
15. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Considering how unhappy Nietzsche was in his life, this quote is an excellent insight into the cause of failed marriages.
16. “After being married to you all these years, I have developed memory loss. Every time you flash that beautiful smile of yours, my mind goes blank. I love you.”
After years of marriage, it is normal to feel taken for granted. Remind your wife with this message that you still find her just as beautiful today as you did when you first met her.
17. “I fall short of words to tell you how much you mean to me. All I can say is that my life revolves around you, and nothing else seems to matters.”
If you are struggling to find ways to express how you feel, this is an excellent way to start.
18. “Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop.” – H. L. Mencken
Once you fall in love, you are in for the ride of your life.
19. “My love for you is like a blend of addiction, obsession and need. You are all I need to live and be happy.”
This is a good message to leave on her pillow or in her purse for her to find and brighten her day.
20. “We are shaped and fashioned by those we love.” – Geothe
You could add on to this quote by adding something like, “Your love has fashioned me into a better man and someday I hope to be worthy of your love.”
21. “If our lives were a ship, I would call it LOVE FOREVER. Happy sailing.”
This is a cute message to use.
22. “You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I LOVE YOU.” – Pride & Prejudice
If your wife loves Jane Austen novels, she will most likely recognize this quote.
23. “Falling in love with you is the moment I got a cause to believe in and a reason to live for. I love you.”
This sounds like a good I love you message to put in a card for your wife.
24. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
You cannot learn to love alone. At some point, you learn of love by being with someone who you care about deeply.
25. “If you change the L in life to a W, it becomes wife. That is because you cannot have a life without a wonderful wife like you.”
This is one of the cuter love messages on this list.
26. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A. A. Milne
A.A. Milne wrote Winnie the Pooh, which is one of the reasons why this quote is so adorable.
27. “I may have made stupid mistakes in my life, but the best decision I ever made was becoming yours. I love you.”
If you recently made one of those mistakes or had an argument, this message will show that you are sorry and want to make amends.
28. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato
Better yet, try to write poetry for your wife. Even if your poem is terrible, she will still think that you are the most wonderful man ever to try to write her poetry.
29. “Happiness is the funny feeling I get deep down in my heart when we kiss. I love you.”
Here is to a long, happy relationship together!
30. “Fights and arguments, ups and downs. Hugs and kisses, smiles and frowns. We’ll sail through it all together, not just now but forever. I love you.”
Speaking of poems, this would be a good rhyming message to give your wife. To really make her smile, try picking a beautiful stationary or calligraphy to use with the message.
31. “The doctor told me that fruits and vegetables are important for my longevity. But my heart believes that all it needs are your hugs and kisses.”
This is a cute way of telling her that she is all that you need to live and be happy. If you have not told her this for a while, make sure to take time to show her how you feel.
32. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – From the movie, When Harry Met Sally
This is from another romantic comedy that your wife will most likely love. Give her this message, buy some popcorn and prepare for a movie night. If she has been under stress lately, make her dinner and give her a massage as well!
33. “You’ve made my imperfections seem perfect and all my shortcomings disappear. I don’t know how I’ll ever be able to thank you for everything that you have done, but I promise that I will never stop trying. I love you.”
This is one of the more heartfelt messages on this list. It can be difficult to put your feelings into words, but love messages like this are a good place to start.
34. “Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.” – Paulo Coelho
No one can truly understand the depths of love, but that does not mean that you ever have to stop trying!
35. “Our wedding flipped my life upside down, but it removed all of my frowns. I love you.”
This one rhymes slightly, but it is too cute to really be considered true poetry.
36. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – Lord of The Rings
If your wife is a Lord of the Rings fan, then this is the best quote to use for her.
37. “If I was granted just one wish, I would ask to live longer. My time on this planet may not be long enough to tell you just how much I love you.”
While you may not have enough time of this planet to truly show her how much you love her, you can always try!
38. “The pinnacle of romance, commitment and marital bliss is our love life. I love you.”
This is another message that would be great to wake up to. If you do not have time to write a note to leave on her pillow, then send it to her as a text for her to wake up to.
39. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao-Tzu
Hopefully, your household will be full of strength and courage!
40. “You are not just the mother of my children, but also the beat of my heart. You are not just the queen of my heart, but the woman of my dreams. I love you.”
It can be hard to have the time to focus on your relationship after you have children. This is a good way to remind her that you care just as much as ever.
41. “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” – T. Tolis
If you are fortunate enough to love and be loved, then take care that you never lose that blessing.
42. “We have made so many promises to each other. Out of these, the most important are still in my heart and waiting to be made when the time is right. I love you.”
You have made many commitments to each other over the years, and this is just a reminder that you want to continue to love and cherish her for many years to come.
43. “From dating to wedding and from mortgage to kids, life has been a beautiful ride because I had you by my side. I love you.”
Many times in life are difficult, but they are made much easier to handle when you are with someone that you love.
44. “It is impossible to know how long my life will be, but every second of my life will be worth it because it was spent with you. I love you.”
If you feel like loving her has made your entire life worth it, this is an excellent way to express how you feel.
45. “There’s no substitute for a great love who says, ‘No matter what’s wrong with you, you’re welcome at this table.'” – Tom Hanks
When you love someone, you are always there for them. No matter what mistakes they make, you are there to fix things and set them right again.
46. “It doesn’t matter how many years pass by, the flight of our love will always fly high. I love you.”
This cute rhyming message is just short enough to fit into a text message.
47. “The surreal tints of Instagram are nothing new to me. My life was already filled in rosy tints since the day we first met. I love you.”
If she has been going through a hard time lately, remind her that you are still there to support her through messages like this one.
48. “Despite the ups and downs, I have absolutely no regrets in life because it all led me to you. I love you.”
Every action or inaction in your life is worth it because each step brought you closer to the woman that you adore.
49. “No matter how life is, I always know that I am going home to the most amazing person that has ever existed. I love you.”
This is an amazing feeling. When you are stressed out at work, there is nothing better than returning home to a loving sanctuary.
50. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
Despite all the money in the world, you cannot buy a feeling as amazing as being in love.
The best way to show your wife that you love her is to tell her that. It is easy to take a partner for granted over years or decades of marriage, so make sure that you are remembering to show your spouse how much you love her. These I love you messages for wife can be used whenever you want to cheer her up or just show her how you feel.