272 responses

1. Kara
    January 27, 2018

I am 34 I have always had normal periods I start about the same time every month. They last for the normal 3 to 5 days. I started like normal on January 8th it’s now January 26th. It’s not heavy bleeding I use light tampons and there never full. I have had 2 ectopic pregnancy in 2011 both tubes removed. Any I do get strange sharp pains in my abdomen from time to time but it passes within seconds. Any ideas?

Web Admin
      January 27, 2018

You may find benefit in speaking with a medical professional. Because of your medical history, you may be experiencing these symptoms. Make an appointment at this time. Monitor your symptoms so you may better address any questions that your medical professional may have for you. Have a great day, Kara!

2. Kezia McBride
    November 20, 2017

I have terrible, heavy vaginal bleeding, which has been on and off for 2 weeks now. It stopped for 3 days last week, then resumed to full-flow!
    I am on norethisterone 5 months now, but this is the worst period since I was put on it.
    I take iron prescribed from my doctor daily. I had this problem nearly 2 years now. Just turned 45 this month.
    I think I will have to get the endometrial ablation very soon. So debilitating when you have to sleep on bathtowels, but still soak through to the mattress!!

Web Admin
      November 21, 2017

Continue to monitor your experiences for additional symptoms. It is clear that you have already spoken with a medical professional. Make another appointment with your doctor for additional treatment. If your medical professional does not have any additional information, then perhaps speak with a specialist. You may find benefit in maintaining a plant based diet. Best of luck, Kezia!

3. Kat
    October 23, 2017

I used to not get my period for months on end. Then the doctor prescribed Depo-provera which forced the period to come. Then the bleeding wouldn’t stop. It wasn’t a flow…just spotting every day. That lasted for several months. Then I spent $1,000 on tests only to have the doctor to say “it’s probably hormonal” and he put me on birth control.

I took those only for 6 months because I was worried about blood clots. Plus I felt awful being on them. I’d have one week of feeling normal otherwise it was 2 weeks of cramping, one week of extreme tiredness, then I’d get my “period”. No flow…just there when I went to the bathroom.

When I stopped the birth control, my spotting stayed. Now it’s worse with more of a flow and with clots the size of my thumb. Plus I have more cramping. I can’t afford to go back to the doctor especially since this is their fault. If I hadn’t been prescribed Depo to force the blood flow, I would have been perfectly content without a period.

Web Admin
      October 25, 2017

Continue to monitor your experiences. Take an iron supplement at this time. You need to speak with a medical professional. Take this time to determine if your finances or your health are more important, and choose to make an appointment or visit an emergency medical professional at this time. Best of luck, Kat!

4. SHADAB
    September 19, 2017

Hi,am 23 year.before 6 days.my period is so problem created.it heavy amount of bleeding.. Tooo bleeding…please suggest me..what can I do

Web Admin
      September 20, 2017

It is possible that you are experiencing an unusual period. It is possible that you are having heavy implantation bleeding. Take a pregnancy test five days after your normal period date. If bleeding continues for another three days, then visit an emergency medical professional. You may want to make an appointment with a medical professional at this time. Best of luck, Shadab!

5. melissa
    August 25, 2017

Im 41 and have had my period for 26 days, GYN says its nothing shes concerned about at this time. Somtimes its just a little here and there and when I wipe but other times its like a normal period. Any ideas? I had a PAP a few months bk came back fine.

Web Admin
      August 26, 2017

Continue to monitor your experiences. It is likely that your medical professional has the proper understanding of your current situation. If you find that your period continues for another week, then make a follow up appointment. You will be benefited by taking an iron supplement. Best of luck, Melissa!

6. Deshaun
    August 22, 2017

Hi I’ve been having my period going on four weeks now and still haven’t went off

Web Admin
      August 22, 2017

If your period has lasted longer than ten days, then make an appointment with a medical professional at this time. You may want to speak with an emergency medical professional. Continue to monitor your symptoms at this time. This will help you address any questions that your medical professional may have. Best of luck, Deshaun!

7. SYLVIA MDLALOSE
    August 7, 2017

I am 40 years old and i have had my periods for eleven days now without a stop, i get clots at time and this is happening for the first time ever. i do not have any other symptoms and I am not over bleeding it seems as just the normal periods but it has taken far too long as my normal period takes only 3 days. Do i have a problem?

Web Admin
      August 8, 2017

You should visit a medical professional anytime that your period lasts longer than four days. Continue to monitor your experiences at this time. This will help you better address any questions that your medical professional may have. Make an appointment at this time. It is possible that you are experiencing an unusual period. Have a great day, Sylvia!

8. brittanie
    July 24, 2017

i had a Endometrial ablation 8 months ago and have been getting a depo shot every 3 months , after 2 months has passed after my shot i bleed for the 3rd month until i can get my shot again. I had a ultrasound done and everything is normal. my doc is lost and is not sure what the problem is, i’m 33 and a mother to 3. my doc said a hysterectomy is my last resort but i don’t want to do that if i don’t have to, any idea on what’s going on ?

Web Admin
      July 25, 2017

It would be best for you to speak with another medical professional. Speak with another OB for additional information. It is possible that you will gain benefit from speaking with a specialist. Continue to monitor your symptoms. Make an appointment as soon as you are able to do so. Best of luck, Brittanie!

9. Load More Comments…