An American carbonated beverage by the name Sparkling ICE is available in a wide range of flavors. It is made of natural fruit juices that offer vitamins and antioxidants. The beverage has zero calories, which is a warning sign, as it is sweetened with sucralose, maltodextrin and mannitol. Before you begin drinking this new beverage, you may want to know whether or not if Sparkling ICE is good for you. This article will help to clear up any questions or concerns that you have. In short, Sparkling ICE has many attributes that mean that it should not be consumed, and we will look into these with detail.
Carbonated beverages are known for their fizzy bubbles and tingly texture. This beverage texture was designed to please our mouths, but it is actually unhealthy for consumption. Carbon dioxide, which is the molecule used to create the fix, causes damage to the enamel of our teeth, deplete our bodies of phosphates, lead to gastrointestinal problems and other problems. Carbon dioxide is a waste product of our body, and humans did not evolve to consume carbon dioxide as a nutriment.
Sucralose, the sweetener made famous by Splenda, has been responsible for a wide range of side effects in those that have consumed it. Sucralose has led to gastrointestinal problems, weight gain, migraines, heart problems anxiety and depression. There are many other symptoms that are associated with sucralose consumption. Animal testing has resulted in anemia, infertility, and failed pregnancies. Sucralose is not a naturally occurring molecule, and it is made by adding three chlorine molecules to one sucrose molecule. This makes it so the body is unable to break down the chemical and can be called zero calories. This presence of this chemical alone is enough of a reason to answer negatively to the question, “Is Sparking ICE Good for you?”
Maltodextrin, also know as polysaccharide, is a sweetener made from corn, wheat, rice, potatoes or tapioca. There are two kinds of maltodextrin, one is absorbed by the body as a carbohydrate and the other is processed in a manner that makes it indigestible. As Sparking ICE has zero calories, the type of maltodextrin in the beverage, it is not digestible. Some people are allergic to the substance. Other people may find that they will experience gastrointestinal problems, bloating, gas and weight gain. Still more may experience rashes, itching or difficulty breathing. If you experience any of these symptoms, then you should stop consuming the product.
Mannitol is a sugar alcohol made from fructose and hydrogen. The small intestine does not absorb mannitol well, so the large intestine digests it instead. Diarrhea may be caused by mannitol as it attracts water from the intestinal wall. It may cause loose stool, bloating, flatulence and gastrointestinal distress. It may also act as a diuretic and cause you to frequently urinate. This may cause electrolyte imbalances if nutrients are properly restored.
5. Red Dye #40
Red dye #40 is a made from coal tar. Some people are allergic to this dye and may experience swelling of the mouth. Children may develop hyperactivity, learning impairment, aggressiveness and irritability. Laboratory rats showed fertility problems, low birth weight and poor brain development. This dye, among others, contain benzidine and 4-aminobuphenyl, which may be cancer causing. Avoid dyes and other artificial colors, as research may be limited and they may potentially cause medical concerns.
Drinking water and eating a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables will offer you the fluids and nutrients that your body needs. The natural sugars in fruits will give you the energy that you are seeking. The vitamins in vegetables will ensure that your body has the materials that it needs to operate.