Stretch marks are marks that you get on your skin that change the pigment of the skin and look purplish red at first and then turn to a more silver shade as they age. They are often most associated and commonly occur either with pregnancy or a sudden large weight gain.
Stretch marks are wretched and very unsightly according to most women. They are just something that no one wants to get or have, but as a fact of life they happen more commonly than not to us anyway.
There is no known cure to prevent or to erase these ugly, discolored marks on your stomach, legs, thighs, and on other parts of your body- but there are treatments available on the market that aim to help them fade and look less apparent. The downside to these treatments and creams though is that they are not proven, can cause adverse side effects, and are often very expensive.
If you are on a mission to get rid of your stretch marks and do not want to waste your money and time on a stretch mark product or products, we suggest you try coconut oil for stretch marks as many users praise coconut oil for its miraculous ability to banish stretch marks..
Coconut Oil For Stretch Marks: How Does it Work
Coconut oil works like magic to reduce the appearance of stretch marks in several ways. It actually targets them on a multi-faceted level which includes the following factors:
Lightens Skin Pigment & Discoloration: Coconut oil contains natural properties that help soothe skin that is inflamed or that has a darker skin pigmentation that appears as a mark. The main reason why stretch marks are so prominently visible when they first appear is because they take on a red/purple tinge. Coconut oil naturally helps the skin to lighten so the marks fade as time progresses.
Moisturizes Skin: Coconut oil can help hydrate dry skin that is not pliable. It is known as a superior moisturizer for skin. Moisturized skin which works well for both preventing further stretch marks from occurring and also for helping to health the skin damage caused by rapid stretching of the skin.
Helps Naturally Boost Collagen Production: Collagen is a major property that the skin requires for it’s elasticity to be ideal. Sometimes due to genetics, poor skin health, age, and other factors collagen production can decrease. Coconut oil helps to balance the skin’s oils, to promote skin health, to flush dead skin cells, and to also help to naturally increase collagen production.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Stretch Marks
Coconut oil can be purchased for just a few dollars all over the place in beauty stores, super markets, pharmacy and drug stores and more.
If you have stretch marks or want to use coconut oil as a preventative measure against them, here are the directions that apply for the best results.
- Wash the surface of the skin with gentle soap and water first. Pat do not rub dry. Make certain your skin is all the way dry before attempting to apply the oil.
- Take a liberal amount and pour it into the palm of your hand. If your skin tends to be drier you can use a bit more. But if your skin is super oily you may want to refrain and apply in smaller amounts.
- Apply and massage the oil to the affected areas. It can be used on pregnant bellies, on your stomach, thighs, legs, arms, and even your face (if you want your skin to be super soft and smell nice.)
- Let the oil absorb into your skin. You do not have to rinse it off. But if you have the oil on many parts of your body you may want to not touch things that can be stained or get oily from contact.
The Benefits of Using Coconut Oil for Stretch Marks
As we have already mentioned coconut oil for stretch marks boasts an array of benefits in comparison to using other treatments, creams, and even some other home remedies. Here are just a few more of the many benefits that using coconut oil produces:
- Because it is an all natural plant-based remedy it will not cause side effects
- It is Inexpensive and easily available
- Nourishes skin so it is soft
- Promotes skin health and reduces inflammation and discoloration caused by other issues that affect the skin
- Is also potent with anti-aging properties
- It smells very nice The scent of coconut is soothing
- It really works according to most user accounts and testimonials
Coconut Oil for Stretch Marks Success Stories
To give you a clearer idea of the effectiveness of coconut oil for stretch marks we researched the web to find out what users had to say and if they have had any success with it. Here are just few examples of consumer experiences and success stories:
“I was using pure coconut oil that my great aunt had made herself and sent for my from the caribbean. I would put this on religiously morning and night. Already my stretch marks aren’t that dark and seem to be fading nicely after only a month or two. And I love it because my skin is super moisturized and supple.” Monica, Babycenter Forum
“I used coconut oil for 12 weeks twice a day after my pregnancy with twins. I had them mostly on my hips and legs and equated it to “running through a thorn bush” the way they looked. That stuff is amazing I actually feel like I might wear shorts this summer and possibly bikini top.” Ashley, Smartmom.com
Coconut Oil For Stretch Marks: Bottom Line
Coconut oil is an all natural, safe, inexpensive home remedy that many women claim really helps to significantly reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Before even any stretch mark treatments were introduced women either had to deal with them and hide their ugly stretch marks or they used all sorts of natural substances to help lessen their appearance.
Coconut oil wasone of the first types of home remedies that really became popular, because it works so well. It is important to understand that your stretch marks may never all the way disappear- but you have a good shot at making them much less noticeable with regular application of coconut oil for stretch marks.