There’s nothing more romantic than a good night whisper in one’s ear. If you aren’t there to whisper something to someone though, you can leave them a note on their pillow, or send them a text.
Text messages are a big part of communication these days – we expect friends and partners to message us throughout the day. And it can be a great way to flirt and even show affection when dating someone. I mean, who doesn’t like cute, romantic and sexy messages? Depending on where you’re at in the relationship there are obviously texts that are better suited than others. In the beginning flirtatious messages are perfect, later you can add the romantic and sexy ones. And once you’ve been in a relationship for a while it’s important to revisit the flirtatious stuff to keep the flame burning.
Also remember that you have to take someone’s personality into account. Some people love romantic things, some love poetic things, some love a sense of humor, some love something a bit more sexy…and the list goes on. Get inspiration from the texts below, but make sure to edit them to make them suitable to who you are sending them to!
Another tip is to search the net for saying good night in different languages, romantic good night quotes and so forth. I always say when you run out of ideas you have to start stealing from others… Song lyrics are also excellent sources for, erm, plagiarism. And let’s not forget the movies and books whilst at it. In short: you can find tons of great ideas for texts to send someone at night once you’ve gone through the list below.
So let’s have a look at some great good night texts for her, shall we?
1. Just want to say goodnight. I’m thinking about you.
One of the most flattering things you can hear is actually that someone is thinking about you. Because it means you matter to them, or they’re curious about you. It’s sweet.
2. I wish I could watch you fall asleep right now. Good night gorgeous.
Simple, but very sweet. Adding someone is gorgeous, beautiful, cutie, sexy, wonderful, etc. is usually good. You can add that to a lot of texts on this list even if it’s not in there already.
3. What are you going to dream about tonight babe?
This could be ridiculously sweet and romantic, or a bit naughty. It totally depends on what way she chooses to reply. Which is nice because it leaves the it open for her to take it where she wants to. And maybe it will become like a ritual for the two of you to always ask each other what you will dream of?
4. I’m just about to fall asleep and had a thought of how beautiful you are. Good night gorgeous.
Flattering, or what? Who doesn’t like hearing someone is falling asleep thinking of them?
5. Just want to say good night to you. Wish you were here so I could hug/kiss you goodnight too.
Awww. (You can choose if hugging or kissing them goodnight is more appropriate.)
6. Sweet dreams babe.
Short and sweet. You don’t have to write something extraordinary every night – but showing you care enough to write something matters. And, of course, to use a bit more imagination some nights…
7. Good night. Dream beautiful dreams tonight.
Another short and sweet one. So simple, yet so beautiful.
8. Good night. I love you.
What’s there not to love about love? There’s something that simply makes us melt when we hear we are loved, isn’t there?
9. You know, at night I always think about you before falling asleep. I’m so lucky I found you. Love you. Sweet dreams.
Now that’s some declaration of love!
10. I’m about to fall asleep. And I’ve decided I’m dreaming of you tonight.
If you want you can add something about the dreams you plan to dream. Like if you’re gonna dream about how beautiful she is, or something naughty, or something you dream of doing together with her one day.
11. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss I just can’t wait to wake up again and see you tomorrow!
How sweet isn’t that? I’d totally swoon if someone was so excited about seeing me he could hardly sleep. Or you know, like when you were a kid and were so excited about something you’d do the next day you just wanted to fall asleep real fast, so that tomorrow would come faster.
12. You know, I think our love story is epic. So epic in fact that I’m gonna dream about it tonight. Sweet dreams 😉
If you have a cool story together, then this is a cute message.
13. They say love is patient, but I can’t wait to see you tomorrow! I’m going to bed now so I can wake up sooner… Nighty, night gorgeous!
As I said before – there are some things worth going to bed sooner for so that tomorrow will seem like it arrives sooner…
14. Just about to crawl into bed and wish you were here so I could kiss you good night. Nighty, night beautiful.
Such a nice, yet simple, message.
15. The stars look so beautiful tonight. Wish you were here so you could stargaze with me 🙂
Wanting to share a moment of beauty with someone shows you really care about them. After all, isn’t that what we’re all looking for? People to share moments of life with? So if you see something beautiful, share it with your girl. She’ll feel special because of it.
16. Have you seen the moon tonight babe? So beautiful. Wish we could go for a walk in the moonlight.
Romantic, romantic, romantic! It’s a good idea to remember to actually go for a walk in the moonlight some other night though, as she will likely be disappointed if you don’t…
17. Falling asleep listening to “our” song. Wish you were here.
Awwwww. Listening to your song to feel closer to her. So cute!
18. Can’t sleep. Thinking about you…
Now this is a bit naughty…or could be, depending on interpretation…
19. “It’s a 100 degrees, got my sheets on the floor…”
When in doubt, quote a song.
20. Bonne nuit ma chérie.
When further in doubt, start speaking French.
21. “Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow.”
If even further in doubt? Quote Shakespeare.
22. You know, I feel like writing poetry. The stars are out, the moon is shining and I’m sitting here dreaming about you. Am I turning into one of those idiots in love? I promise I didn’t even drink wine…
She’ll likely reply that she rather likes idiots… Because idiots in love can be rather charming.
23. The best thing about night is that I can dream about you all night long… 😉 Good night babe! Kinda cute, kinda daring.
24. Sweet dreams babe. You’ll dream of me, right?! 😉
A bit cheeky and funny.
25. Had an awesome time tonight babe. Thank you. Can’t wait to see you tomorrow 🙂
Who doesn’t like hearing someone enjoyed a date with them?
26. You looked so beautiful tonight. Sweet dreams.
That’s just simply one beautiful text, don’t you think? There’s something different about telling someone they’re beautiful compared to hot, sexy, or cute. Beautiful is in a league of its own.
27. They say when you can’t sleep you are awake in someone else’s dreams. Does that mean you’re dreaming about me right now? 😉
Because of course, you’d prefer if she was the one dreaming about you!
28. So, I was thinking I could dream about you tonight. What do you think the dream should be about?
A bit of a fun game to play, building a story together. Could be very romantic, or very naughty.
29. I bet you look beautiful when you’re falling asleep. Wish I could be with you right now. Nighty night.
Now that’s a romantic one!
30. I have an acute attack of snuggle sickness. It means I need to snuggle with you right now…and I can’t. Will you cure me tomorrow?
Basically you are asking if she can stay the night tomorrow, but it’s a really sweet message, isn’t it?
31. I’m thinking of you. Wish you were here so I could fall asleep hugging you. x
Now that’s just plain cute, isn’t it? And it will make her think of hugging you, which is always a bonus!
32. I’m going to fall asleep counting the minutes till I get to see you. Nighty night babe.
If you are meeting up with her the next day, this a cute text to send her.
33. I just saw a shooting star. Guess what I wished for?
Of course this only works if you wished for something relating to her…
34. Night is so beautiful. I wish you were here so I could share it with you. The stars, the sound of the wind outside, the twinkling of candlelight.
Poetic. Will impress her if she’s the poetic kind and make her run for the hills if she’s not. A good text to send once you know you’re both truly madly deeply in love.
35. My bed is really comfy tonight. I just wish you were here so I could hug you too. Now that would be even comfier 🙂
36. I’m just listening to this song as I’m falling asleep and it’s making me think of you. Good night beautiful one.
It’s sweet when people are reminded of you and care to share it.
37. Good night beautiful one.
So short, but so beautiful.
38. Can you hear the wind outside tonight? It’s wild! I wish you were here so we could cuddle up under the covers together!
Perfect text for a night in fall or winter.
39. I’m about to head off to dreamland, but wanted to say good night to you before I do! Night babe.
Sweet that someone cares enough to say good night, even if they’re super tired.
40. They say love is about being together, but sometimes when we’re apart I truly remember all the things that make me love you. Good night special one.
Shows you think of her as someone really, really special. It’s all in the details…
41. Good night. Dream beautiful dreams.
This is not very flirtatious or romantic, but wishing someone beautiful dreams is, well, beautiful! To make it more romantic you can add “Good night gorgeous one” or something of the sort.
42. You think we’ll see each other in dreamland tonight?
This is sweet and fun – and you could come up with scenarios for where to meet in dreamland and what you’ll do together too!
43. I love you. Sweet dreams.
Not very imaginative, but we all want to hear we are loved and that someone is wishing good things for us. Like sweet dreams.
44. Tonight I’m going to dream about sipping champagne with you whilst looking out over the Mediterranean from a hotel suite so big we could get lost in it. Fancy joining me in that dream?
Kind of playful and fun to come up with a scenario like that.
45. I’m so tired I can barely stand up, but I have to wish you goodnight before I fall asleep. Wish I could hug you goodnight too.
Awwww, another one about wanting to really say goodnight. Shows you care.
46. Buona notte bella!
Good night beautiful. In Italian. Adds a certain amount of…romance.
47. “The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand.” Sort of wishing you were here so I could walk around holding your hand…
If you want some more poetic night quotes, then check out Quote Garden. Plenty of romantic ones for other occasions too.
48. Why do I always miss you when I’m falling asleep? You’re addictive you know! 😉
Knowing someone misses you is like knowing someone cares about you – it warms your heart.
49. Every night before I fall asleep I think of you. You must have enchanted me…
50. I wish you were here so we could stay up all night and talk about everything…dreams, thoughts, fears, plans, memories…
Like those epic sleepovers. Especially when we first fall in love with someone we tend to stay awake at night and share our hearts. It’s nice to do that further down the relationship as well. Keeps the flame burning.